There are three sectors of the Federal Government which are vitally concerned with Computer Network Defence and the Intelligence Community provides an extra level of security due to the classified nature of community actions.
Consequently, contractors that offer Computer Network Defence CND Providers are held to higher standards than the typical high requirements of sellers for Cyber Security projects. The Notion of Computer Network Defence includes a broad menu of services which provide an infrastructure against cyber attacks from national and global sources.
Generally, contractors who perform Computer Network Defence Services Are tasked to meet four goals.
- Recommending architectures, hardware and software
- Implementing the authorities approved alternative
- Performing operations and maintenance of the CND program
- Insuring that safety requirements for classified material are fulfilled a higher level of security requirement
The contractor is also required to make regular formal reports or Briefings detailing accomplishments and status in the various CND functional areas. Particular CND responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Deployment requires the builder to develop all hardware and software required to establish a state of the art Cyber Security Defensive system which will improve defences, be sure that the systems function properly and track activities on a day to day basis. It is necessary that the whole installation effort coordinates with the agency safety office to make certain the security of classified data is not compromised. Deployment usually contains:
- Deploy, maintaining, and track and harden bureau’s perimeter defences on all classified and unclassified networks.
- Deploying, operating, maintain, track, and harden bureau’s intrusion detection capability on all classified and unclassified networks.
- Running, maintain, track and harden bureau’s Domain Name Servers DNS on all classified and unclassified networks.
Manage Assist and Support:
Additional support is often required in the shape of identification of new products in Worcester IT Company or technology that improve the safety of the network. Since Cyber Security is at a rapid development period, new technology and products are continuously emerging. Some of the technology is good and some is not helpful. Qualified decisions are needed to select the best applicable technology.
A sample of additional service includes:
- Working closely with operations and engineering for the installation and configuration management of CND apparatus on agency’s networks
- Performing hardware and software vulnerability scans on all classified and unclassified systems and networks
- Managing, and tracking the business anti-virus program
- Providing assistance and advice in the development of network and system security programs
- monitoring and managing the network and system audit log reviews for all systems and networks
While each agency has specific Cyber Security needs and security of classified data and information, an overall roadmap could be developed and used as a template for individual users.